Advanced Machinery Companies (AMC)
March Madness Open
House event at its Dayton, OH, facility pro video attendees the opportunity to experience the latest machining technology from Milltronics, as well as CNC machining centers from Milltronics’ sister company Takumi. “We love hosting this event because it gives customers a chance to visit our 36,000 sq. ft. facility and see the latest in machine tool technology while enjoying the fun of the NCAA basketball tournament games and a BBQ lunch,” said Matt Allen of AMC. “We are very excited about the 10 totally redesigned Milltronics machines that have all been introduced in the past 18 months,” continued Allen. “These new affordable machines use the latest machine tool technologies to help customers be more productive, more efficient and more profitable.” Milltronics builds quality conversational CNC milling and turning machinery with a full line of high-speed 3-, 4- and 5-axis vertical and horizontal boring mills, large travel bridge mills, turning centers, large swing/long bed CNC lathes and CNC tool room machinery.
Machines on display at the event included:
- Milltronics VM4222IL CNC vertical machining center (VMC) with XYZ
travels of 42” x 22” x 28”, 10,000 RPM inline spindle (15,000 optional), chip conveyor, chip washdown system and Milltronics 9000 Series conversational CNC control
- Milltronics VM5020 CNC VMC with XYZ travels of 50” x 20” x 20”, 10,000 RPM, chip auger and Milltronics 9000 Series conversational CNC control
- Milltronics VM3018 CNC VMC with XYZ travels of 30” x 18” x 20”, 10,000
RPM, chip auger and Milltronics 9000 Series conversational CNC control
- Milltronics VM2515 CNC VMC with XYZ travels of 25” x 15” x 20”, 10,000 RPM, chip auger and Milltronics 9000 Series conversational CNC control
- Milltronics RH20 CNC bed mill with box ways, XYZ travels of 40” x 20” x 24”, 8,000 RPM and Milltronics 8200-B Series conversational CNC control
- Milltronics ML22x60 combination
CNC/Teach lathe with swing over gap of 30.3”, swing over bed of 23.0” and swing over cross slide of 12.1”, spindle bore is 3.22” with 1,050 ft-lbs. of torque, eight position turret rides on box ways, Milltronic 8200-B Series conversational CNC control. “Takumi, a sister company to Milltronics, has been a great addition to our CNC line-up by providing high-precision, high-performance and high-speed VMC machines all with FANUC CNC. Takumi builds double-column H-frame and traditional C-frame VMCs with both box way and linear guideways,” said Allen. Takumi with FANUC CNC technology on display included:
- Takumi H 16 high-speed bridge mill with XYZ travels of 63” x 51” x 27”, 15,000 RPM inline spindle, 48,400 lbs. and FANUC Series 31i CNC control
- Takumi V 11 heavy-duty box way geared head #50 VMC with XYZ travels of 43” x 26” x 24”, 6,000 RPM, 15,000 lbs. and FANUC Series 0i MF CNC control
- Takumi VC 1052 VMC with XYZ travels of 41” x 20” x 24”, 12,000 RPM spindle and FANUC Series 0i MF CNC control.
Other machines on display:
- CHMER GX360SL wire EDM with linear motors
- Kent USA KTM-4VFK knee mill with 3-axis CNC G2 Milpwr
- Kent USA 1340 and 1740 lathes
- Kent USA 1230 automatic surface grinder
- Summit 16” x 60” and 24” x 120” lathes
Fonon/Laser Photonics engraving and marking systems
- Seiki VS manual knee mills
- Wellsaw 1318 horizontal band saw
- Hundreds of used machines and comparators.
Applications engineers from the machine tool builders were on hand to demonstrate cutting and programming capabilities and to consult with the manufacturers about their needs. Started in 1978, Advanced Machinery is a full service machine tool distributor with a professionally trained staff to service and support its quality lines. AMC provides new and used CNC milling, turning, grinding, comparators, EDM, CMM and new and used manual machine tools, accessories, tooling and supply. Other services include application engineering, factory authorized parts and service, complete turn-key systems, return on investment analysis, financing, leasing and rentals, as well as its own hauling and rigging services.
For more information contact:
Matt Allen, VP of Sales
Advanced Machinery Companies, Inc.
4530 Wadsworth Rd.
Dayton, OH 45414
National Sales Manager
1400 Mill Avenue
Waconia, MN 55387
7220 Winton Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46268